|Yay! I’m the host of this month’s Does My Blog Look Good in This?! I couldn’t be more excited! It’s amazing that when I started out at blogging, I thought I’d just be jotting down a few stories and my favourite recipes. Not long into it, I began to realize that I was a sucker for the shutter and I loved styling and taking the picture of the food I was producing. I think I can safely say I’m no the only one out there. With an amazing number of us food bloggers, there are just about as many budding photographers. It’s so wonderful to have a way to celebrate the great shots of the month previous and with this, I am so proud to host DMBLGIT – December ’07.I can’t even tell you how thrilled I am to announce this months very talented judges. I crossed my fingers and went after some of the most talented people out there. Imagine my face when I saw my inbox and read that everyone accepted the offer to critique.
I almost feel like I’ve tripped into Santa’s sled how we’ve nailed each corner of the globe with our December judges.
A very special thank you to:
My good friend Lynne, former Content Editor at Food Network Canada
…and Dré, musician, photographer and Creative Director of Tribal DDB Toronto
What is DMBLGIT?
The idea behind the event is to give everyone a chance to enjoy some of the best pictures of the month posted on food blogs. There are so many great blogs now and new posts are constantly updated, it’s very easy to miss some great posts and pictures. This event takes us back through the best food photos of the previous month.
The rules & how to participate:
- One food photograph mat be entered per person
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog in November of 2007
- The photograph must have been taken by you
- The deadline to submit your entry is December 31 ,2007
The judges will assess the quality of all of your great entries, which will fall under the following categories:
- Aesthetics: meaning composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: meaning “Does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “Wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
- Overall Winner: the photograph encompasses all of the three previous categories: the best in Aesthetics, Edibility and Originality.
So if you have a food blog with a picture you’re proud of from November, just send it to foodandphotography(at)gmail.com
Include the following:
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The URL of the post where the photo first appeared
- The camera you used
- and don’t forget to attach your picture, that should be 350 pixels wide
Last day of submission is December 31, 2007.
I will post the pictures as they come, so make sure yours is included once I start publishing them. The gallery will be linked from here.
You may view the gallery of great entries here.